From December 2-8, 2018, we observe National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) to remind people six months and older that it’s not too late to get a flu vaccine. To help promote this important information in your communities, check out the below resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- #HowIRecommend Flu Vaccine Webinar: Rescheduled for December 12th, 2018 at 2:00PM EST: Save the date for the #HowIRecommend Flu Vaccine Webinar, hosted by Public Health Foundation (PHF), on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 at 1PM EST. This webinar will be focused on better understanding the severity and burden of last year’s flu season and why flu vaccine is so important. Join CDC and others in describing how you talk through the importance of flu vaccine using the hashtag #HowIRecommend.
- Flu Fighter Series: Every year people around the world work to study, track, and prevent flu. This page profiles these flu fighters and the work they are doing to contribute to flu prevention in the U.S. and around the world! Highlight the flu fighters in your organization and share with CDC!
- Sample Newsletter Messages: Outreach messages for your newsletter, website or partner networks to help all our partners speak with one voice about important updates and flu prevention messages for NIVW.
- Sample Social Media Messages: Sample Twitter and Facebook NIVW flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
Print & Digital Resources
- CDC has developed free NIVW communication resources in multiple langues, including print material, web tools, graphics, and animated images along with other free resources such as PSAs, widgets, buttons, and mobile apps.
Get involved today and learn more about fighting flu in your communities!