- This event has passed.
Webinar: #HowIRecommend Flu Vaccine: How to Make Recommendations that Matter to Patients
December 12, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Last year, we saw striking drops in flu vaccination coverage. We need everyone to help Fight Flu and know that a strong recommendation from a health care professional makes a difference! In recognition of National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW), join this webinar to learn more about how to make a strong vaccine recommendation and strategies to address questions from patients. Featuring representatives from CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) and practicing professionals like yourself, this webinar will provide you with the tools you need.
- Melissa Rolfes, PhD, MPH; Epidemiologist, Influenza Division, CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Sandra Leal, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA; Pharmacist and Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), SinfoníaRx
- JoEllen Wolicki, BSN, RN; Nurse Educator, Immunization Services Division, NCIRD
- Understand burden and severity of last year’s flu season
- Describe flu vaccine benefits, including potential flu burden averted by vaccination
- Describe how to make a strong and effective flu vaccine recommendation to patients and why your recommendation matters
- Illustrate how to properly administer flu vaccine