NACCHO, with funding from CDC’s Division of STD Prevention, initiated a project in October 2018 to support the use of CDC’s Recommendations for Providing Quality STD Clinical Services in Primary Care and STD Specialty Settings, which are expected to be publicly available in 2020. The Recommendations augment CDC’s Sexually Transmitted Infection Treatment Guidelines and outline which STD-related clinical services should optimally be available in primary care and specialty STD care settings.
The first phase of the project resulted in the development of an implementation guide to help healthcare facilities in primary care and specialty STD care settings use the Recommendations to offer STD services that are appropriate for both their clinical setting and the individuals seeking care.
At this time, NACCHO seeks clinical settings that are interested in piloting the assessment tool and decision-making guide with technical assistance from NACCHO. The piloting and technical assistance will occur between February–April 2020 and should require a commitment of no more than 8 hours. Depending on the resources, availability, and needs of both the selected sites and NACCHO, this piloting and technical assistance will be provided to 3-5 STI clinics and will take place either through in-person, virtual, or blended technical support.
Clinical settings interested in participating should:
- Be interested in providing quality STD clinical services and have leadership support to pilot the tools
- Have designated staff available to engage in the pilot (e.g., point of contact, clinic administrator, clinic director)
- Be open to exploring the best approach to receive technical assistance (e.g., in-person, virtual, blended)
- Be willing to review and pilot the developed tools and resources and provide feedback to NACCHO
- Commit to 5-8 hours of dedicated engagement between February and April 2020 (which could be all in one day or spread out depending on the needs and desires of the sites)
For more information or questions about participating in the piloting of these tools, contact Rebekah Horowitz at email@example.com. To express your interest in participating, please fill out the interest form by January 10, 2020: https://forms.gle/h5339MAkXxToart68