A funding opportunity is available for State, local, tribal, and territorial jurisdictions in need of funding for six recently scheduled 2019 FDA Retail courses. Interested applicants should download and complete a single registration form for requests to attend these courses (https://orautest.fda.gov/stc/ORA/OTEDRetailFoodRegistrationForm.xlsx) and email it to FDA (ORA-OTED-Retail@fda.hhs.gov) by September 6. Once registration is complete, jurisdictions may apply for up to $3,000* in travel assistance through AFDO by September 11, 2019.
* $3,000 does not apply to AK, HI and Territories if justification for additional costs is provided.
Eligibility: Each SLTT jurisdiction is may submit one 2019 FDA Retail Course training application and must be enrolled in the Retail Program Standards in order to qualify for funding.
Courses covered by this opportunity include:
- FD215 Managing Retail Food Safety, October 1-3, 2019 Dover, DE
- FD312 Special Processes at Retail, October 7-9, 2019 Philadelphia, PA
- FD204 Temporary Food Establishments, October 21-23, 2019 Tampa, FL
- FD218 Risk-Based Inspection Methods in Retail, November 12-14, 2019 Portsmouth, NH
- FD207 Plan Review, December 3-5, 2019 Sacramento, CA
- FD112 Food Code, Date and Location TBD
The AFDO Retail Grant Portal will be accepting applications for these courses from August 21 – September 11, 2019. Important Note: The AFDO portal will also be open September 4 – October 15, 2019 for the regular, annual opening of the AFDO-Managed Retail Program Standards Grant Program, offering funds for Calendar Year 2020 projects. Jurisdictions who apply for a Fall 2019 Training subaward will still be eligible to submit up to four (4) applications during the regular application period, including a Category 3 Training application, to request funding for CY 2020 projects.
For Additional Information: Email: email@example.com, or Phone: (850) 583-4593