- This event has passed.
Webinar: Syringe Service Programs – Best Practices
December 1, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join the Harm Reduction Coalition for a 90-minute webinar on guidelines and best practices for the development of comprehensive and integrated syringe service programs (SSPs). Case studies will provide examples of building support for establishing SSPs, and the scaling up existing SSPs, and the webinar will also explore the available options for further technical assistance and capacity building.
- Present a vision of a “Comprehensive Syringe Services Program”, integrated into a broad “drug user health” continuum of care, and outline what such a program takes to run & would look like.
- Provide best practices models/options based on available resources for an SSP.
- Provide examples of how newer SSPs were able to get started & scale
- Promote availability of Capacity Building Assistance (CBA)/Technical Assistance (TA) for programs looking for additional support in implementing these programs.
- Primary audience is public health departments, especially tthose in jurisdictions which recently legalized SSPs and are looking to create or scale up their SSP infrastructure.
- Secondary audience is CBOs, SSPs, and community advocates generally.
Kiefer Paterson, Harm Reduction Coalition
Emelina Martinez, Miami IDEA Exchange