- This event has passed.
Webinar: SPACE Monkey Tool for Measuring STD Program Budget Impact
June 28, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD) is hosting a webinar to share information about CDC’s Division of STD Prevention SPACE Monkey (STD Prevention Allocation Consequences Estimator) tool. This tool was created for state and local STD programs to show how budget increases or decreases could impact disease burden, direct medical costs, and intermediate outcomes like partner services.
Presenters will share case examples of how to practically use SPACE Monkey and highlight an accompanying customizable fact sheet, created by the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) and NCSD, to help health departments communicate data with stakeholders. This webinar aims to:
- Provide details on the purpose of SPACE Monkey and how the tool works
- Highlight ASTHO and NCSD’s customizable fact sheet created to accompany the tool
- Describe how the Arizona Department of Health and Texas Department of State Health Services have used SPACE Monkey with internal and external stakeholders
- Harrell Chesson, PhD: Health Economist, CDC- DSTDP
- Rebecca Scranton, MPH: STD Control Program Manager, Arizona Department of Health
- Kaitlyn Sykes, MPH: STD Epidemiologist, Arizona Department of Health
- Amanda Reich, MPH: Congenital Syphilis Coordinator, Texas Department of State Health Services