- This event has passed.
Webinar Series: Current Issues in Vaccines
November 16, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Vaccine Education Center (VEC) at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, together with the Pennsylvania chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, is offering a Vaccine Webinar Series for healthcare providers. The series is supported by the Thomas F. McNair Scott Endowed Research and Lectureship Fund.
The webinar on November 16 will focus on the following topics:
- HPV vaccine: The new two-dose schedule
- Meningococcal B vaccines: Change in Trumenba® recommendation
- Tdap: Change in emphasis in pregnancy recommendation
- Herpes zoster vaccines: A new vaccine on the way
- Pneumococcal vaccine (PCV13): Evidence for herd immunity
Each “Current Issues in Vaccines” webinar presents topics being addressed by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), covered by the media or asked by parents. Specific topics will be available on the registration page approximately one to two weeks before each event. Each presentation will be 40 to 45 minutes, followed by 15 to 20 minutes of audience questions.