- This event has passed.
Webinar: Reducing Homelessness among People Living with HIV to Reach Our National Goals
September 25, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The HHS Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy will host a community listening session webinar, “Reducing Homelessness among People Living with HIV to Reach Our National Goals,” to obtain input from national, state, and local leaders, service providers, and community members including people living with HIV and those who have been, or are currently, homeless about how best to reduce homelessness among people living with HIV.
This webinar will engage Federal staff and key community stakeholders whose work involves homelessness prevention, housing stability, HIV prevention, care, treatment or other issues affecting the lives of people living with HIV and those who are at risk for infection in a discussion to:
- Review and obtain input about the barriers to stable housing and challenges that community members face in reducing homelessness among people living with HIV.
- Hear how community leaders and members have successfully worked to address homelessness among people living with HIV.
- Receive recommendations from stakeholders participating in the webinar for consideration by the NHAS Federal Interagency Workgroup and relevant Federal agencies that have the potential to reduce homelessness among people living with HIV and achieve the goals of the Strategy.
Confirmed Speakers to date in order of presentation:
- Richard Wolitski, Director, Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy (OHAIDP), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Jemine Bryon, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Special Needs, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Heather Hauck, Deputy Associate Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
- Amy Palilonis, Senior Program Specialist, Office of HIV/AIDS Housing, HUD
- Jennifer Fagan, Health Scientist, Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Christine Campbell, Consultant, National AIDS Housing Coalition
- Peter Toepfer, Vice President of Housing, AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Loretta Dutton, HIV Care Director, New Jersey Department of Health Division of HIV/STD/TB Services
- Harold Phillips, Director, Office of Domestic & Global HIV Training & Capacity Development Programs, HRSA HAB