- This event has passed.
Webinar: Re-Entry, HIV Linkage, and Overdose Prevention
February 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
A person’s risk of HIV transmission and overdose increase upon their release from prison or jail. As service providers, what can you do to help meet the needs of people who are recently incarcerated, link them to HIV care, and prevent overdose?
This webinar informs on the Project Start + intervention as a successful approach to supporting linkage to care for people returning to the community after incarceration. It also provides guidance on how to successfully integrate overdose prevention practices into service provision. Community stakeholders will discuss their programs, lessons learned, and share best practices to mitigate barriers faced by recently incarcerated people.
Participants of this webinar will:
- Understand the link between HIV and overdose risk for people involved in the criminal justice system;
- Obtain information about innovative approaches for integrating harm reduction and overdose planning into linkage to care programs; and
- Hear from community stakeholders about successful strategies for building effective partnerships that support linkage and overdose prevention.
- Katie Kramer, The Bridging Group
- Barry Zack, The Bridging Group
- Emma Roberts, The Harm Reduction Coalition
- Michelle McElroy, Deputy Executive Director, Southern Tier AIDS Program (STAP)
- Emmett Patterson, CBA Specialist, AIDS United (Moderator)