- This event has passed.
Webinar: PrEP Implementation
March 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
*NOTE: Registration for this webinar is full, but you can join the waitlist.
This 90-minute webinar will discuss new models for PrEP implementation for health care providers working in clinical settings to help them provide PrEP to the patients who need it the most. Hosted by the CDC Capacity Building Assistance Provider Network (CPN), this webinar will offer several perspectives on how to implement PrEP within health care organizations and:
- Discuss the challenges involved in scaling up a new medical innovation like PrEP.
- Identify two key components of a comprehensive plan to support PrEP implementation in a jurisdiction.
- Understand the content, goals, and benefits of the PrEP implementation assistance model.
- Identify specific aspects of PrEP implementation assistance that would be most useful for your particular setting.
- Demonstrate an effective PrEP Implementation model at New York- Presbyterian Hospital (NYP).
- Explore barriers that have presented during PrEP Implementation at NYP and suggest solutions.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building assistance to support PrEP implementation.
Webinar participants will also be connected to CPN CBA providers, including Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC), Cicatelli Associates (CAI) and Denver Prevention Training Center (Denver PTC); organizations that are all funded to provide free training and TA to health care organizations and support PrEP implementation within clinical settings.
- Dr. Julie Myers, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Dr. Sarit Golub, Hunter AIDS Research Team (HART), Hunter College
- Caroline Carnevale, Nurse Practitioner, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Columbia Irving Medical Center