- This event has passed.
Webinar: Perceptions of HPV Prevention in Men and Boys
March 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Human papillomavirus infection is estimated to be the most common sexually transmitted infection. Educational outreach about HPV is often focused on women because having the virus increases their cervical cancer risk. Yet over half of sexually active men in the U.S. will have HPV at some time in their life, increasing their risk of developing certain cancers. Join the APHA Men’s Health Caucus for this webinar on perceptions and knowledge about HPV prevention in boys and men.
- Educate public health practitioners and other identified audiences about HPV infection in men and boys and the increased risk of developing certain cancers
- Discuss perceptions and knowledge about HPV in men and boys
- Address the need for educational outreach for men and boys to lessen HPV transmission
- Jean Bonhomme, MD, MPH, Founder, National Black Men’s Health Network
- Hannah Balcezak, student researcher, Texas A&M University
- Shane Fernando, PhD, MS, FRSPH, Assistant Professor, UNTHSC Department of Pediatrics