- This event has passed.
Webinar: Integrating HIV and Substance Use Disorder Treatment to Optimize Care for Vulnerable Patients
March 21, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
People living with substance use disorders (SUD) and HIV face many challenges accessing and staying in care, which impacts viral suppression. Practical, evidence-based interventions offer opportunities to support clients by treating their SUD while also treating their HIV. These strategies address direct care needs and keep clients linked to services at your organization. Join this webinar to build knowledge on the methods that work. Participants will learn to:
- Understand how integration can support implementation of evidence-based practices and care teams in Ryan White HIV/AIDS provider settings to address substance use and HIV treatment needs
- Recognize opportunities to cross-walk SUD and HIV treatment approaches using the key concepts of integration
- Assess current organizational readiness to adopt and/or incorporate new strategies for client retention
- Access practical resources and tools to help develop an approach to care that works for your organization
Alexander Walley, MD, M.Sc, Associate Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine
Joshua Blum, MD, Program Coordinator, Denver Health and Hospital Authority
Antigone Dempsey, M.Ed., Director, Division of Policy and Data, HIV/AIDS Bureau, HRSA
Please note the following:
- Registration is free and closed captioning is available upon request.
- The audio for this webcast is via computer speakers and not telephone. We recommend using external speakers for desktop computers to ensure best audio quality. Test your system here >>
- The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions does not provide certificates of attendance or continuing education credits for webinar attendance.