- This event has passed.
Webinar: How to Cover the Costs of Flu Vaccination
April 11, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The National Influenza Vaccination Disparities Partnership (NIVDP) is hosting a webinar to discuss ways to pay for your flu vaccination program using funding beyond the flu vaccine voucher program.
Panelists will discuss ways they keep their flu outreach programs sustainable year after year by using a variety of insurance and funding options to provide free or low-cost flu vaccines. These programs include TRICARE for veterans, military, and military families; the Vaccines for Children Program; Medicaid; Medicare; and other potential sources of funding. The webinar will cover how these different programs work, who is eligible, and how NIVDP partners can use these programs to provide free or low-cost flu vaccines in their communities.
- Identify federal and state programs that cover costs for flu vaccination for medically vulnerable populations
- Review eligibility requirements to access government-sponsored vaccination programs
- Share local resources and access points for flu vaccination programs for medically vulnerable population
- Dr. Jeffrey Bienstock, VFC provider, Pediatric Associates, Fair Lawn, NJ
- Kim Greenwood, Adult Immunization Coordinator, District of Columbia Department of Health
- Rosemary Onuegbu, Relief Patient Care Services Manager for New Albertsons Inc., Safeway Pharmacy Eastern Division
- Carol Moore, Chairperson, NAACP of Texas Health Committee
- Angela Austin, RN, MSN, MPH, Flu Outreach Program Specialist, Community Health Services, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health