- This event has passed.
Webinar: From the Ground Up: Built Environment Strategies and Support for Walkable Communities
February 27, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The purpose of this webinar is to discuss how built environment strategies such as land development plans, policies, and zoning code reforms can support walkable communities —and the importance of collaboration between planners, transportation and public health practitioners.
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the evidence-based built environment strategies that improve physical activity
- Become familiar with the recently completed CDC-funded resources from the Institute for Health Research and Policy at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Be able to Illustrate the association between zoning elements and walking
- Be informed about the American Public Health Association collaborative activities with other agencies to promote walking and walkability as a way to improve public health
- Learn how state and local health departments can facilitate effective collaboration with planning, transportation and others to ensure activity-friendly policies and practices – including zoning code reform and land development plans.