- This event has passed.
Webinar: Financing Linkage and Retention in PrEP Care
March 16 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Linkage to PrEP care and retention support services are key components of most PrEP implementation models. However, financing these support services can be a challenge for public health programs. This webinar will discuss how health departments are leveraging the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program to provide essential support services for PrEP candidates through Early Intervention Services, Health Education and Risk Reduction, and Outreach. The webinar will also discuss examples of cutting-edge linkage and retention support strategies, such as online reminders, which can be deployed across clinical and community settings to support PrEP clients. This webinar is part of the National Alliance for State and Territorial AIDS Directors’ (NASTAD’s) PrEP Financing and Access Webinar Series.
- Compare the similarities between the navigation and support services used in a PrEP program and those delivered through RWHAP’s Early Intervention Services, Health Education and Risk Reduction, and Outreach
- Identify opportunities to collaborate across HIV Prevention and Care programs to finance screening, linkage, and navigation strategies for PrEP candidates
- Assess innovative strategies to provide this support in community health and hospital settings for young MSM of color
- Peter DeMartino, PhD, Center Chief, HIV Prevention and Health Services, Maryland Department of Health
- Pedro Alonso Serrano, Project Director, Hektoen Institute, Chicago, Illinois