- This event has passed.
Webinar: Engaging and Communicating with Hard-to-Reach Populations
June 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
NACCHO is hosting a multi-part webinar series to help local health departments build capacity to engage in public health communication.“Engaging and Communicating with Hard-to-Reach Populations” will offer best practices that will help local health departments better engage hard-to-reach populations (e.g., diverse language communities, immigrants, refugees). In particular, the webinar will:
- identify challenges to engaging hard-to-reach communities around public health issues;
- highlight the importance of leveraging cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion to develop messaging that is relevant to such communities; and
- share best practices and success stories for connecting with hard-to-reach populations;
- Justine Kozo, MPH, Chief of the Office of Border Health, Public Health Services Division, County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency
- Robin Pfohman, Community Resilience + Equity Program Manager, Public Health – Seattle & King County
The webinar will be recorded for on-demand viewing. REGISTER TO JOIN.
To view and register for the remainder of the webinars, click here. If you have questions about this webinar series or are interested in joining NACCHO’s Public Health Communications Collaborative—a community of practice for public information officers and the like—please email Kim Rodgers.