- This event has passed.
Webinar: Climate Changes Children’s Health: Protecting Our Future
October 12, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
As part of the Year of Climate Change and Health webinar series, this seventh installment — brought to you by the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the Mid-Atlantic Center for Children’s Health and the Environment —will highlight children’s sensitivity to the health threats imposed by climate change, and will offer solutions to help this vulnerable population mitigate and adapt to those threats.
- Olubukolami “Mimi””Musa, MPH, Program Associate, Environmental Health, Center for Public Health Policy, American Public Health Association
- Leyla McCurdy, MPhil, Chair, Children’s Environmental Health Topic Committee, APHA Environment Section
- Annie Willis, Human Rights Activist and Environmentalist, Former Leader with Global Kids, Inc., Intern at Food and Water Watch
- Laura Anderko, PhD, RN, Director, Mid-Atlantic Center for Children’s Health and Environment (Region 3 PEHSU); Professor, Robert and Kathleen Scanlon Endowed Chair in Values Based Health Care, Georgetown University
- Stephanie Chalupka, EdD, RN, PHCNS-BC, FAAOHN, FNAP, Professor and Coordinator, Master of Science in Nursing Program, Department of Nursing, Worcester State University; Visiting Scientist, Mid-Atlantic Center for Children’s Health and Environment (Region 3 PEHSU)
Stay involved! Follow the conversation on social media using the hashtags #APHAwebinar and #ClimateChangesHealth. For more information on how climate change impacts health, please visit www.apha.org/climate. And view other webinars on climate change.