- This event has passed.
Webinar: Beating the Media Crush During a Crisis
July 6, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is hosting a webinar in collaboration with the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) as part of the joint Outbreak Response Training Program (ORTP).
This is the third and final webinar within the Effective Communication Webinar Series, training hospital epidemiologists in the interpersonal skills important in an outbreak situation, and will include a discussion on how to:
- Identify the role of media relations during a crisis
- Describe the steps that can help ensure effective internal communication during a crisis
- Prepare staff to communicate with external media outlets
- Discuss tactics for managing external communication and media requests during a crisis
- Taylor Wilson; Senior Media Relations Coordinator at Nebraska Medicine, managing the health system’s social and traditional media marketing efforts.