Webinar: Back-to-School Showcase: Resources to Help You Become an HPV Champion
June 27 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Summer is known as the unofficial “vaccination season,” the period of the year when school-age children are receiving the vaccines they need before they start school in the fall. This webinar will feature upcoming summer and back-to-school HPV vaccination campaigns and resources to help health care professionals take advantage of the back-to-school timeframe to boost their HPV vaccination rates.
First, CDC’s Ian Branam will discuss their new HPV campaign for clinicians and consumers, as well as new and updated resources health care professionals can use this back-to-school season. Next, Jennifer Sienko from the National HPV Vaccination Roundtable will share their summer 2018 “Power to Prevent” campaign, which includes brand-new resources for all health care professionals who play a role in HPV cancer prevention and a comprehensive communications toolkit.
National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) is also right around the corner. To help you promote HPV vaccination during this summer and throughout the month of August, the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) will present updates to its NIAM communication toolkits as well as plans for the month of August.
Finally, it’s time to kick off the 2018 HPV Vaccine is Cancer Prevention Champion Award, an annual award to recognize health care professionals who are going above and beyond to foster HPV vaccination in their communities. Last year’s Champions came from the 10 HHS regions in the U.S. – this year, the award has been expanded to recognize up to one Champion from each of the 50 U.S. states, 8 U.S. Territories and Freely Associated States, and the District of Columbia. Learn more about the timeline, criteria and nomination process, which will run throughout the summer, and nominate a champion in your community.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify new resources from CDC, ACS and NPHIC to help promote HPV vaccination during the summer and back-to-school vaccination season.
- Help promote HPV vaccination during National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) in the month of August.
- Understand the criteria and process for the 2018 HPV Vaccine is Cancer Prevention Champion Award program.
- Jennifer Sienko, Director, MPH, HPV Vaccination Roundtable, Communications & Public Engagement
- Ian Branam, MA, Health Communication Specialist, National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, CDC
- Catherine Martin, California Immunization Coalition
- Thomas Schafer, National Public Health Information Coalition