- This event has passed.
Webinar: Advancing PrEP in Family Planning Clinics: What will it take?
March 14 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
While approximately 468,000 women in the US are eligible for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), fewer than 5% have been prescribed it. Strategies to scale up this highly effective HIV prevention strategy among women, and particularly among women of color at risk for HIV, are urgently needed.
Women’s health care providers are uniquely positioned to screen for, counsel about, and offer PrEP. This webinar is intended to increase participants’ understanding of the role family planning providers can play as key implementers of PrEP in the US. Participants will hear from public health-affiliated and private family planning providers about the opportunities and challenges of offering PrEP, and highlight a new Family Planning Provider PrEP Toolkit. Participants will identify areas of need where organizations may benefit from capacity building assistance (CBA) services.
- Gary Naja-Riese, MSW Manager, SFDPH Capacity Building Assistance Program (getSFCBA.org) ·
- Dominika Seidman, MD, MPH Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, UCSF
- Courtney Benedict, MSN, CNM, FNP Associate Director, Medical Standards Implementation, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Kathy Dobson, Education Manager, Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida
- Yamini Oseguera-Bhatnagar, POWER Health Coordinator, HIVE