• To provide an overview of hepatitis A and the increase in cases we’ve seen across the nation in the last 3 years.
• To identify strategies that improve hepatitis A vaccination uptake in an outbreak response.
• To learn about the New Mexico Department of Health’s response to an ongoing Hepatitis A outbreak affecting people experiencing homelessness and those who use both injection and non-injection drugs
• To learn how local, state and federal partners can work together to respond to infectious disease outbreaks
– Monique A. Foster, MD, MPH (LCDR, USPHS), Medical Epidemiologist, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP).
– Marla M. Sievers, MPH, Infectious Disease Epidemiologist New Mexico Department of Health
– Dominic Rodriguez, MSN, RN, Director of Nursing Services for the NW Region.