- This event has passed.
Livestream: Is Eradicating AIDS Feasible?
December 2 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Co-hosted by the Boston University School of Public Health and Providence/Boston Center for AIDS Research, this panel will explore the possibility of, and real challenges in, eradicating AIDS at a global level. The discussion will include experts on implementation science, activists, and more. Speakers include:
- Sandro Galea (@sandrogalea), Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University School of Public Health
- Jonathan Mermin, Director of the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP); Rear Admiral in the U.S. Public Health Service
- Douglas M. Brooks, Executive Director, Community Engagement, Gilead Sciences (SSW ’99)
- Helen Ayles, Professor of Infectious Disease and International Health, Director of Research Zambart Project, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Izukanji Sikazwe, Chief Executive Officer, Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia
- Gary Daffin, Executive Director, Multicultural AIDS Coalition
- Susan Cu-Uvin, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Director of Global Health Initiative, Professor of Health Services, Policy and Practice, and Professor of Medicine at Brown University, and Director of the Providence/Boston Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)