- This event has passed.
Joint Regional PulseNet & Outbreak Meeting
February 8, 2017 @ 8:00 am - February 10, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Made possible through a multi-level collaboration of federal and non-profit public health agencies, the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) is hosting a Joint Mountain/West Regional PulseNet & OutbreakNet PulseNet Meeting in San Francisco, CA, on February 8-10, 2017. This two-day conference intends to bring together laboratorians, epidemiologists and environmental health specialists involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response to engage in discussion about critical food safety topics such as regional surveillance and outbreak detection of enteric diseases. Environmental health staff specializing in the following fields are highly encouraged to attend:
- Public Health laboratory personnel who are part of the PulseNet Network
- Epidemiologists who support national surveillance for multistate outbreaks of enteric bacterial pathogens
- Environmental Health specialists who have the responsibility for foodborne illness outbreak investigations at local, state, tribal or federal agencies or departments; and
- FDA Rapid Response Teams
Interested attendees can register today and visit the conference website for additional event information and resources. There are a limited amount of travel scholarships also being offered with an application deadline of December 5, 2016, please read our previous blog or access the event webpage for specific funding support information.
Additional questions and inquiries should be directed to Elizabeth Landeen.
This event was made possible by the followoing sponosing agencies/organizations:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch and Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Food, Safety and Inspection Service
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Association of Public Health Laboratories