International Infection Prevention Week 2019: Vaccines are Everybody’s Business
October 13 - October 19
International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) is October 13-19. With the measles spreading in 30+ U.S. states, IIPW 2019 will focus on vaccine-preventable diseases. This year, join the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) in raising awareness that Vaccines are Everybody’s Business.
Here are some easy ways to show your support and partner with APIC on this important public health initiative:
- Join a Twitter chat (#IIPWChat) on Tuesday, October 15 at 12pm ET to discuss the importance of vaccination. Send a direct message (DM) to @APIC on Twitter or email KRussell@apic.org to get the questions in advance.
- Use APIC’s pre-written social media posts and graphics and share with your followers. Please use the hashtag #IIPW in your tweets!
- Share APIC’s new infographics that explain the importance of vaccination. These two-sided fact sheets can be downloaded and shared with your members and email lists.
- Have you herd? The “Have you Herd” infographic stresses the need to protect the herd through vaccination.
- You do this to protect your children. Protect them with vaccines too. There are three versions of this infographic that depict children being protected through use of car seats, bike helmets, and healthy eating.
If you plan to share information about IIPW on your website, in your newsletters, on social media, or by any other means you deem appropriate, email Kelly-Lynne Russell (KRussell@apic.org) so APIC can recognize your organization as a partner.