In observance of National Hepatitis Awareness Month, tune into this webinar where the Valley AIDS Council – Westbrook Clinic and the Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Minority Health Resource Center will be discussing data and clinical care models for Hepatitis C virus (HCV) in Hispanic/Latino communities. From the World Health Organization’s global HCV strategies to current US statistics and the disproportionate impact on our communities, this webinar will explore what role we play in eradicating HCV. Register now!
• Participants will be able to implement current HCV screening guidelines.
• Participants will be familiar with new medications available for HCV infected patients.
• Participants will be able to implement new linkage to care and clinical care models for patients with HCV.
• To strengthen collaboration among organizations/agencies to increase clinical adherence to screening guidelines, treatment, and management for vulnerable populations in the USA by expanding outlets for capacity building among institutions serving Hispanic/Latino populations.
• Imtiaz Alam, MD, Internal Medicine, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Texas A&M University, Austin HCV Center