Be The Change: Implementing Core Strategies for Sustainable Organizations for Impact in the South
May 2 - May 4
The “Be the Change!” Institute will provide training and skills-building workshops specifically designed to increase the sustainability of HIV prevention and care organizations in the Southern region by integrating best program practices that consider regional and cultural realities. The 2.5-day Institute will offer two tracks providing organizational-level and program implementation-level perspectives, and includes both interactive group and individual work sessions. Participants will:
- Explore the meaning and underpinnings of the concept of sustainability as applied in the field of HIV prevention.
- Examine diverse methods strategies used to build and expand on organizational funding support and resources;
- Discuss the process and impact of integrating unique and distinctive cultural elements in the implementation of HIV prevention;
- Deliberate the planning and implementation of best practices in forming and executing effective collaborations and partnerships.
Topics for this institute include:
- Sustainability Planning in the Era of HIP: Strategies and Action Planning
- The ABCs of Organizational Positioning
- Marketing and Branding Your HIP Project
- Programmatic Sustainability: Strategies and Action Planning
- Resource and Fund Development as a Key Sustainability Strategy
- Finding, Growing, Empowering the Next Nonprofit Leaders
- Knowledge is Power: Using your Resources to Meet your Program Needs
- Moving Beyond Stagnant Leadership