It’s flu season and a critical time for healthcare professionals to take a proactive role in recommending an annual influenza (flu) vaccination for everyone 6 months of age and older to protect against this serious, but vaccine-preventable disease. To support healthcare professionals in their important role, Families Fighting Flu has partnered with the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) and Healthy Women to develop Do You Know the Flu?, a comprehensive toolkit for pediatric healthcare professionals.
In this toolkit, you will find the following flu prevention tools and educational resources:
- A personal note from a pediatric nurse practitioner that highlights why healthcare professionals are so important for flu prevention
- Family stories that illustrate just how serious flu can be for children, even healthy children
- Benefits of flu vaccination to share with your patients
- A Do You Know the Flu? quiz to test your flu knowledge
- Key flu messages for patient/parent conversations
- A conversation road map on how to address tough flu-related questions
- Flu facts
- A public service announcement called Play It Safe
- Resources to share with parents, including two infographics
Join the effort to increase annual flu vaccination rates in the pediatric population. To access the e-toolkit and receive additional information about the flu, visit the Families Fighting Flu website.