The Immunization Action Coalition has released a new resource, Vaccinating Adults: A Step-by-Step Guide. As vaccinators working in the rapidly-evolving world of adult immunization, the updated version of the guide provides practical information in a comprehensive, easy-to-use format. Each chapter is comprised of helpful tools and resources to help healthcare providers implement or enhance their immunization services.
The updated document includes practical guidance on:
- setting up for vaccination services
- storing and handling vaccines
- deciding which people should receive which vaccines
- administering vaccines
- documenting vaccinations (including legal issues)
- understanding financial considerations and billing information
By releasing the Vaccinating Adults: A Step-by-Step Guide in an easy-to-use online document, healthcare providers will have access to the most recent information on adult vaccination practices. To obtain your copy of the Vaccinating Adults: A Step-by-Step Guide, visit: http://www.immunize.org/guide/.