From December 3-9, 2017, we observe National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) to remind everyone 6 months and older that it’s not too late to get a flu vaccine. To help you promote this important information in your communities, check out the below resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- #UnitedAgainstFlu Twitter Chat: Monday, December 4 at 11:00am ET
Save the date for the #UnitedAgainstFlu Twitter chat, hosted by the American Hospital Association (@ahahospitals), on Monday, December 4, 2017 at 11:00 AM ET. Join the United Against Flu coalition to spread the word about the importance of getting a flu shot with the hashtag #UnitedAgainstFlu.
- #FightFluChat Twitter Chat: Monday, December 4 at 1:00 ET
Save the date for a #FightFluChat on Twitter, hosted by NFID (@NFIDVaccines), Wendy Sue Swanson, MD, MBE of Seattle Children’s (@SeattleMamaDoc) and CDC (@CDCFlu) on Monday, December 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM ET. Join us as experts will address commonly asked questions about flu and flu vaccination.
- Flu Fighter Series: Every year people around the world work to study, track, and prevent flu. This page profiles these flu fighters and the work they are doing to contribute to flu prevention in the U.S. and around the world! Highlight the flu fighters in your organization and share with CDC!
- Sample Newsletter Messages: Outreach messages for your newsletter, website or partner networks to help all our partners speak with one voice about important updates and flu prevention messages for NIVW.
- Sample Social Media Messages: Sample Twitter and Facebook NIVW flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
Print & Digital Resources
- CDC has developed free NIVW communication resources including print material, web tools and images to share (including in multiple langues), along with other free resources such as PSAs, widgets, buttons, and mobile apps.
Get involved today and learn more about fighting flu in your communities!