National Health IT Week (NHIT Week), which will take place October 2-6, 2017, is a nationwide awareness week that highlights the value of healthcare IT and offers healthcare stakeholders an opportunity to unite under one banner, one message: the benefits health information technology can bring to U.S. healthcare. This year, NHIT Week’s points of engagement will focus on: Supporting Healthcare Transformation, Expanding Access to High Quality Care, Increasing Economic Opportunity, and Making Communities Healthier.
NACCHO is pleased to participate in National Health IT Week as a partner, and we encourage our local health department members to join as partners, as well. In addition, you can:
- Engage in one of the 10 Ways to Celebrate National Health IT Week in Your Hometown, which include a number of activities ranging from posting on social media to hosting a virtual or in-person event on health IT.
- Write a brief blog to share how health IT is improving your health department’s work.
- Use these graphics to post about National Health IT Week on social media, using the hashtag #IHEARTHIT.
- View the calendar of events to participate in virtual and/or in-person events near you. Consider the below virtual activities:
- HIMSS Webinar: Health IT Infrastructure: Supporting 21st Century Healthcare (Oct. 3, 1pm ET)
- National Health IT Week Twitter Chat: “Ask ONC” (Oct. 4, 1pm ET)
- #HITworks Twitter Chat: National Health IT Week + The Value of Health IT (Oct. 5, 1pm ET)
- Webinar – Positively Impacting Health IT: Changemakers Leading the Way (Oct. 6, 11am ET)
NACCHO supports the advancement of health information technology through our Public Health Informatics project portfolio, which co-hosts the biennial Public Health Informatics Conference alongside the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology & Laboratory Services (CSELS). The next PHI Conference will take place August 20-23 in Atlanta, GA. Visit our conference website to see a message from the conference co-chairs and stay tuned for more information about this great event.