The Children’s Environmental Health Network (CEHN) recently announced the 2nd annual Children’s Environmental Health (CEH) Day on October 12, 2017. The goals of CEH Day are to:
- Serve as a day of recognition and action
- A day for organizations, communities, and individuals to spread awareness and to participate in activities that highlight and promote children’s environmental health
- Serve as the anchoring event for the CEH Movement
- A day for leaders in the field to celebrate recent achievements and to announce new initiatives
- A day to track progress on CEH issues year to year
- A way to attract and engage new partners
Get involved on CEH Day by engaging in one or more of these activities:
- Participate in the #CEHDay Twitter Chat on October 12
- Share on social media with the #CEHDay tag or via email or on website.
- Arrange a meeting focused on children’s environmental health with a school board, city/county council, or a state policy leader.
- Host an educational forum, workshop, or webinar on a children’s environmental health topic.
- Request that your mayor or governor proclaim October 12, 2017 as Children’s Environmental Health Day.
- Organize a local community rallying event or visual exhibit and hold a press conference about how the organization works to improve children’s environmental health.
- Other activity of interest to the organization’s community that promotes the protection of children.