The American Mosquito Control Association Research Fund is accepting funding proposals for research projects advancing mosquito surveillance and control. Proposals can be submitted from staff at local and state mosquito abatement programs, public and private universities and other qualified research institutions. Small projects are particularly encouraged, but an upper limit of $55,000 on any one-year of one project has been set. Proposals can be submitted in any of the following areas:
- mosquito behavior and ecology;
- arbovirus transmission;
- impacts of pesticides on target and non-target organisms;
- methods of mosquito and arbovirus surveillance and control;
- evaluation of new pesticide products; and
- efficacy and resistance to current pesticides.
Proposals must be submitted by Friday, September 15, 2017. Click here to find out more about proposal eligibility and requirements, and to access the full funding application.