Are you attending NACCHO Annual 2017? If so, NACCHO invites you to join us for a special session, “Toward Hepatitis C Elimination: The Role of Local Health Departments in Increasing Access to Hepatitis C Care and Treatment.” the event will begin with dinner and refreshments, including wine and beer, followed by presentations and discussion in which experts and leaders in the field provide an update on advances in hepatitis C virus (HCV) treatment, and highlight what local health departments are doing to improve linkage to care and access to treatment for people living with HCV. There is no fee to attend this dinner, which is supported by an educational grant from Merck; however, space is limited to 100 guests. Pre-registration is required (see instructions for registering below).
Attendees will hear from the following presenters:
- Elizabeth Barash, MPH
Program Manager, Public Health-Seattle & King County (WA)
- Michael R. Brumage, MD, MPH, FACP
Executive Director/Health Officer, Kanawha-Charleston Health Department (WV)
- Michael Kilkenny, MD, MS
Physician Director, Cabell-Huntington Health Department (WV)
- Stacey Trooskin, MD, PhD
Physician and Director of Viral Hepatitis Program, Philadelphia FIGHT
How to Register
If you’ve already registered for NACCHO Annual:
- Login to your MyNACCHO accountand select “My Events.”
- Locate the NACCHO Annual 2017 event and select “add sessions.”
- Scroll down and select “Add Workshops.”
- Check the box next to “Toward Hepatitis C Elimination: The Role of Local Health Departments in Increasing Access to Hepatitis C Care and Treatment (Dinner and Discussion)” and then scroll down and select “Add to Cart.”
- Proceed to checkout and follow the prompts to complete the transaction. You will not incur fees.
If you’re planning to register for NACCHO Annual:
- Visit the registration page on the NACCHO Annual website and select “Register Online.”
- Follow the prompts to log-in (existing users) or create (new users) your MyNACCHO account.
- When you get to the ‘Registrant Information’ page (second page of the registration), scroll down to “Workshops and Demos.”
- Check the box next to “Toward Hepatitis C Elimination: The Role of Local Health Departments in Increasing Access to Hepatitis C Care and Treatment (Dinner and Discussion).”
- Select “Next” and complete your conference registration. The dinner will be added as part of your conference registration (without charge).
For questions or assistance with registering for this dinner, please contact Gretchen Weiss, Director, HIV, STI, & Viral Hepatitis, NACCHO.