The Collective Impact Forum developed How to Lead Collective Impact Working Groups: A Comprehensive Toolkit featuring detailed tools, templates, and tips that local health departments can apply when developing and standing up workgroups. Collective impact is a collaborative, cross-sector approach that tackles complex social issues by leading with a common agenda, mutually reinforced activities, shared outcome and progress measurements, and continuous communication. From increasing membership and community engagement to planning and running effective meetings, toolkit users will find strategic and tactical resources to help them contribute to a successful initiative. The toolkit includes the following modules:
- Module 1: How To Build Membership
- Module 2: How To Plan for and Run an Effective Meeting
- Module 3: How To Build a Culture of Collaboration
- Module 4: How To Put Systems Thinking into Practice
- Module 5: How To Engage with Community Members
- Module 6: How To Be Data-Driven and Learn along the Way
Additional resources in the toolkit include sample working group strategies; meeting planning steps for co-chairs; and templates for meeting agendas and follow-up emails. Download the toolkit today!