The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention, recently announced an opening for an information technologist (data management) in Atlanta in the Surveillance and Data Management Branch. A brief description of the position’s duties are:
- Provide technical guidance in the development, acquisition, support, and management of public health surveillance and related databases using MS SQL.
- Direct the planning and acquisition of external data sources and the linkage of those data sources to existing and new databases.
- Provide data management and analysis and advanced technical support to epidemiologists and others performing analyses of public health surveillance, special study and programmatic data using SAS.
- Lead the effort to evaluate and implement data visualization tools / software and train others in use of said tools.
- Participate in the presentation or publication of results of analyses and other technical work done alone or in collaboration with other scientists.
If interested, please find additional vacancy information below: