The Friends of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) is currently seeking nominations for its 2017-2018 Executive Committee, including Chair, Vice Chair, and two Member at Large positions. Executive committee members provide leadership and support to the Friends of NCBDDD objectives, which include:
- Serve as a conduit between participant organizations and CDC’s National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD)
- Educate providers, practitioners, policymakers, and the public about the mission and activities of NCBDDD
- Disseminate NCBDDD program information
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and liaisons; and
- Provide leadership in program development, research, public outreach, and identifying emerging issues.
The deadline for nominations is now being extended to Thursday, November 3, 2016. Download the full nomination announcement for more information on eligibility requirements, committee member responsibilities, and instructions on how to submit a nomination.