On September 21, global leaders will convene a high-level meeting at the United Nations General Assembly to discuss the global threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR). CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden will meet with world leaders to reinforce the importance of continued global action to fight antimicrobial resistance, the need to slow its potentially devastating impact on people, and its threat to sustainable development goals, modern medicine, and food security.
Local health departments can join the conversation and take action to promote the importance of combating AMR by participating in the following activities:
- Read more about antimicrobial resistance internationally and CDC’s efforts to combat it
- Check out the Global Health Technologies Coalition blog in which Dr. Beth Bell highlights CDC’s AR Isolate Bank
- Join the global conversation by using the hashtag #CombatingAMR
- Tweet these messages or create one of your own:
- I’m #CombatingAMR to safeguard antibiotics and keep patients safe for future generations.
- We’re #CombatingAMR through coordination and collaboration with global partners including…
- We’re #CombatingAMR with sustainable, multisectoral approaches. Keep antibiotics working to treat sick people & animals worldwide.
- I’m #CombatingAMR by keeping my hands clean and only using antibiotics when needed.
- Look for tweets on @CDCgov & @CDC_NCEZID and consider retweeting