The CDC’s second edition of the Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC) is now available and includes important updates to the first edition, originally released in 2014. The MAHC offers science-based guidance that health departments, other government agencies, and the aquatic sector can use to reduce risk for outbreaks, drowning, and chemical injuries at public pools and spas at apartment complexes, hotels, and waterparks.
Visit the CDC’s MAHC website to access:
- the 2016 MAHC Code and Annex;
- a summary of key changes and a track changes version;
- a MAHC-based inspection form;
- an updated MAHC infographic and other promotion materials; and
- an updated tool to compare your pool code and practices to those the MAHC recommends.
Learn more about how your health department can get involved by joining the NACCHO MAHC Network.