The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Inc (NLBCA) is commemorating the 4th Annual National African American Hepatitis C Action Day (NAAHCAD) on July 25, 2016. Local health departments and organizations are encouraged to support the day by signing up to host activities in their communities.To encourage participation, organizations who sign up will receive a promotional package including the following:
- 2 – NAAHCAD T-shirts
- 1 – CDC NAAHCAD “Hit The Streets Poster” – 18 x 24
- 1 – NAACHAD Events Poster – 18 x 24
- 25 – CDC Hepatitis C Flyers – 8 ½ x 11
- 100 – NAACHAD Palm Cards – 4 x 6
For ideas on how to involve your community, check out some of the events and social media campaigns from last year’s Action Day or consider the below:
- Outreach & Testing events – Testing and linkage to care
- HCV Health Literacy – Workshops to educate the community
- Social Marketing Campaign – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other
- Town Hall/Policy Intervention – Targeting policy-makers and legislators
As a national partner, your participation will help to ensure the success and impact of this critically important campaign—namely, increased hepatitis C awareness, increased hepatitis C testing, increased access to treatment for individuals infected with the hepatitis C virus, and, ultimately, a decrease in the number of people infected with hepatitis C.
Please contact Melissa Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.614.0023 ext. 109 if you have any questions or comments.