Every three years, everyone across the country and around the world has an opportunity to participate in the Council for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC) process to update the MAHC by submitting recommendations for improvements. The official solicitation for the 2020 Change Request (CR) to update the MAHC 3rd Edition was launched in September 2019. All change requests and supporting materials must be received by midnight EST January 6, 2020.
Anyone can submit a CR; you do not have to be a member of the CMAHC.
Follow these steps:
- First, check the MAHC Scope, Principles and Style Guidance reference to ensure you are within the MAHC’s scope and are not requesting to change standard aspects of the MAHC that CDC has determined are necessary for long-term consistency.
- If you are a CMAHC member, make sure you’ve signed in on the website.
- Once you have the content of your change request ready, visit the Enter Change Request page on the CMAHC website at https://cmahc.org/enter-change-request.php.
- Click on the “Enter Change Request” button.
- The Change Request form will pop Read over the guidance on submitting CRs to the CMAHC before entering your content.
- If you are a CMAHC member and have signed in, the submitter information at the top of the form will be pre-populated with your information.
- Note that a text editor will appear that allows you to underline and strikethrough. Use underline on the text you are recommending adding to the MAHC and strikethrough for the text you are recommending deleting.
- Be sure to fill out all of the fields in the form. You must click “Save a Draft Copy” to save the working copy of your change request. If you click “Close” without saving first, the form will close and your information will not be saved.
- You must click “Submit” when you are finished entering your CR. Please note thata CR is not available for consideration until you press “Submit” once you are finished.
- You have the option to attach supporting documents and insert images.
- Once you have completed the form and submitted it to the CMAHC, CMAHC staff will review it for completeness and scope. They will contact you with questions if necessary.
- CMAHC staff will approve posting once any issues are addressed.
- Posted CRs will be available for viewing on CMAHC website https://cmahc.org/view-changerequests.php.