From December 1-7, 2019, we observe National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) to remind people six months and older that it’s not too late to get a flu vaccine. To help promote this important information in your communities, check out the below resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Educational Resources to Share with the Public
- Why get a flu vaccine? What every patient should know (December 3; 2:30pm ET) — Livestreaming educational program intended for the public; will highlight how flu affects ‘high risk’ groups and why flu vaccine is so important. Register to attend, and submit questions before and during the livestream.
- How Does Flu Make You Sick? — Animated video describing how flu spreads and why it is so dangerous, in addition to benefits of flu vaccine
Get to Know Flu Fighters
- Flu Fighter Series: Every year people around the world work to study, track, and prevent flu. This page profiles these flu fighters and the work they are doing to contribute to flu prevention in the U.S. and around the world! Highlight the flu fighters in your organization and share with CDC!
- Sample Newsletter Messages: Outreach messages for your newsletter, website or partner networks to help all our partners speak with one voice about important updates and flu prevention messages for NIVW.
- Sample Social Media Messages: Sample Twitter and Facebook NIVW flu prevention messages to share on your organization’s social media channels.
Print & Digital Resources
- CDC has developed free NIVW communication resources in multiple langues, including print material, web tools, graphics, and animated images along with other free resources such as PSAs, widgets, buttons, and mobile apps.
Get involved today and learn more about fighting flu in your communities!