In January 2018, NACCHO launched the STI Express Initiative, which aims to increase the capacity of STI clinics to offer express services that are responsive to patient, clinic, and community needs and advance STI prevention efforts. As part of this Initiative, NACCHO is convening the STI Express Data Collaborative, through which seven STI clinics that currently offer STI express services will evaluate their models and inform strategies to support the establishment, scale-up, and evaluation of express services. This project is funded by the CDC’s Division of STD Prevention. The selected STI clinics are:
- Denver Metro Health Clinic, Denver, CO
- Howard Brown Health, Chicago, IL
- Metro Public Health Department, Nashville, TN
- Monroe County STD Clinic, Rochester, NY
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, NY
- Orange County Health Care Agency, Santa Ana, CA
- Public Health – Seattle & King County STD Clinic, Seattle, WA
Congratulations to the recipients, and stay tuned for project updates.
Interested in learning more about STI express services? Looking to improve and scale-up existing STI express services at your clinic? Join NACCHO’s STI Express Community of Practice. Participating clinics will be given access to an online discussion portal to pose and respond to questions and review and request resources. Anticipated discussion topics include challenges related to EHRs and billing, staffing models, and automation and technology. Resources gathered through the Community of Practice and materials developed through other project activities will be shared broadly.