Advocates for Youth is accepting applications to join its cohort of youth activists for the 2019-2020 school year. Every year, the organization chooses 120 youth activists, aged 14-24, to be in a year-long fellowship and provides training, support and financial resources to advocate for reproductive and sexual health in their local communities. There are two programs available:
- Engaging Communities around HIV Organizing (ECHO) is a year-long organizing leadership development program for young people living with HIV. Members of ECHO will be provided with personal, professional and political development to enhance their organizing and mobilizing skills.
- YouthResource (YR) is a year-long development and leadership program designed by and for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Questioning (LGBTQ+) youth of color. YR leaders will be provided with personal, professional and political development to enhance leadership skills. YouthResource leaders are responsible for providing their communities and communities around the country with information, resources, and education to address LGBTQ+ health and rights.
Please share this information with youth and young adults in your community so they can gain the opportunity to develop skills and build power to make a difference in their communities by:
- Providing safe and supportive environments for LGBTQ people of color
- Increasing HIV testing and condom availability
- Ensuring young people have access to PrEP
- Fighting for comprehensive sex ed in their state and school district and mobilizing peers around international family planning issues
Youth can learn more about the programs and apply here.