The Tennessee Integrated Food Safety Centers of Excellence (CoE) receives funding to assist state and local health departments on a one-on-one basis.
The CoE can offer the following consultation services:
- enteric disease interviews
- interview tracking databases (the CoE uses REDCap)
- cluster investigations using PFGE/WGS
- outbreak investigations detection and response
- stool collection
- food and environmental sample collection
Depending on the health department’s needs, the CoE may be able to visit in-person or provide consultation remotely. Contact Katie Garman to learn more about the available services.