The National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR) has released a fact sheet outlining the medical case for curing all hepatitis C patients. The fact sheet can be used to educate policymakers, medical providers, and community members about why everyone living with hepatitis C should have access to care. The fact sheet provides more information related to the following areas:
- Hepatitis C treatment that leads to a cure is the only evidence-based intervention to prevent liver disease progression;
- “Watchful waiting” can harm patients;
- Between 40-74 percent of hepatitis C patients develop at least one extrahepatic (non-liver), multi-organ condition;
- Providing all hepatitis C patients with access to a cure is the most effective way to eliminate the virus at a population level; and
- Medical experts recommend treating all hepatitis C patients as the standard of care.
View the fact sheet here.