The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is hosting the EnSafe: Enhancing Safety in Private Drinking Water Systems virtual conference on October 16-17, 2018.
EnSafe brings professionals together in a unique environment to exchange information, ideas, and to discover new solutions. The conference is designed to enhance the knowledge of environmental public health professionals and water safety specialists to help close the water quality gap in unregulated private drinking water.
NEHA is seeking abstracts for the EnSafe virtual conference. Environmental public health professionals involved in unregulated drinking water system programs, as well as water safety specialists that engage with private drinking water are welcome and encouraged to present existing and new resources, innovative solutions, and successful programs in unregulated water quality.
Presentation topics include:
- Challenges and opportunities for private drinking water systems
- Emerging contaminants (lead, arsenic, pharmaceuticals, etc…)
- Best practices in private water system installation and maintenance
- Health effects from contaminants in unregulated private water
- Groundwater hydrology and water quality
- Innovation in outreach and education regarding private water safety
- Effective partnerships for private water safety
- Lessons learned
- Stories from the field, and more!
Help advance the field of environmental health! Submit an abstract and share your knowledge and expertise. The deadline to submit an abstract is Friday, August 31.