On May 30, 2018, the National Coalition for Sexual Health (NCSH) launched the Five Action Steps to Good Sexual Health. This comprehensive, innovative roadmap redefines what it means to be sexually healthy and provides practical tools to help Americans improve their sexual health. The Steps are:
- #1. Value who you are and decide what’s right for you.
- #2. Get smart about your body and protect.
- #3. Treat your partners well and expect them to treat you well.
- #4. Build positive relationships.
- #5. Make sexual health part of your health care routine.
To develop the steps, NCSH employed a rigorous process, including consumer research, literature reviews, and expert consultations. Each step features the benefits of taking action, practical tips and advice, conversation starters, and resources to learn more.
Check out the five action steps to learn more and use the below resources to help better understand and promote the steps:
- NCSH Quarterly Social Media Campaign (includes sample content for blogs, e-newsletters, and social media)
- Fact Sheet: Five Action Steps to Good Sexual Health